||Dr. Philipp Leitner
Assistant Professor, ICT Area of Advance
Software Engineering Division
Chalmers | University of Gothenburg
I am currently Assistant Professor of Software Engineering at Chalmers and University of Gothenburg, Sweden. I hold a PhD degree from Vienna University of Technology (in business informatics, focussing on cost-aware service composition). My current research interests are software performance engineering, especially in a cloud computing context. My research is funded by Chalmers through the ICT Area of Advance, the Wallenberg Autonomous Systems Program (WASP), the Swiss National Science Foundation, and the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme. I have published about 80 peer-reviewed publications, leading to an h-index of 24 as tracked by Google Scholar.
- [25.09.2017] I have accepted a volunteer post as Publicity Chair for Elsevier’s JSS journal.
- [29.08.2017] I am hiring! If you are interested in doing a PhD, please consider my open position. Note that this requires moving to Gothenburg, Sweden!
- Thomas Rausch, Waldemar Hummer, Philipp Leitner and Stefan Schulte (2017). An Empirical Analysis of Build Failures in the Continuous Integration Workflows of Java-Based Open-Source Software. In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR)
- Jürgen Cito, Gerald Schermann, Erik Wittern, Philipp Leitner, Sali Zumberi and Harald Gall (2017). An Empirical Analysis of the Docker Container Ecosystem on GitHub. In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR)
- Christian Davatz, Christian Inzinger, Joel Scheuner, Philipp Leitner (2017). An Approach and Case Study of Cloud Instance Type Selection for Multi-Tier Web Applications. In Proceedings of the 17th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid)